Former Eurovision star Donna McCaul will play three gigs with her band Weekend Celebrity in her home town of Athlone this week.
Donna returns from LA after three years Stateside and she took to the stage at Electric Picnic last Sunday.
She and her band will be performing at The Piano Bar this evening (Thursday), at The Castle Inn on Friday and at The Malt House on Saturday.
We recently caught up with Donna for this Q&A interview ahead of her three Athlone performances:
* What is your earliest memory?
My sister Catherine scalding her arse when the kettle fell on her in the kitchen. She was trying to get a biscuit down after being told no.
* When did you realise you wanted to become a musician?
I always knew that...as soon as I hit secondary school I would tell my teachers that when I leave all I want to do is sing.
* What is your current state of mind?
I’m writing this the night before we leave for Ireland on tour so I’m beyond excited to get back home and see everyone.
* Who are your own favourite singers?
Shania Twain, Nora Jones and Pink
* What is the best thing about playing live?
The atmosphere and adrenaline... nothing can beat that.
* What’s your guilty pleasure and why?
Sitting in bed watching cheesy movies.
* What songwriters do you most admire?
Sia, Pharrell, Max Martin, Alicia Keyes
* What was the best concert you ever attended?
As weird as this sounds, I’ve never actually been to a real concert... how bad am I?! I get to change all that at Electric Picnic this year. I can’t wait to see Nathaniel Rateliff.
* What is your favourite food?
Chips and curry sauce from The Genoa Cafe
* What was the best advice you ever received?
No matter how many people try and knock you down, the key thing to do is always continue to stay on the road you believe in - Doc Carroll.
* Name something you can’t live without.
Facebook and Corona Light...LOL, no seriously.
* Favourite place in the world to visit?
Even though I live here now, I would have to say LA. It’s sunny all the time!
* Favourite book?
* What are your hopes and plans for the rest of 2016?
To complete our band’s original EP and to hopefully support a national act on tour.