COOKIES ON Westmeath Independent

We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. We also use cookies to ensure we show you advertising that is relevant to you. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on the Westmeath Independent website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time by amending your browser settings.

ACCEPT

Primary Care x-ray department in top three in country

Thursday, 7th September, 2017 10:49am

Primary Care x-ray department in top three in country

Athlone Primary Care Centre.jpg

The x-ray department at the Primary Care Centre in Clonbrusk is one of the top three in the country and is now shortlisted for a national award.

The department was nominated a number of months ago and is now looking for votes to get it to the top spot.

It was anonymously nominated by service users (patients, doctors etc) and then has a follow up inspection by its professional body – the IIRRT.

Yesterday, the department was notified that it has made it to the top three in the country and while the inspection carries a 70% weighting, the remaining 30% is decided by public vote.

Senior radiographer Niamh Sheffield said: “We are honoured to get this far but would really love to bring the award back to Athlone.”

You can vote for the x-ray department at the Primary Care Centre at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GHT8XKY

Post a Comment

blog comments powered by Disqus

SHARE