Westmeath artists participating in Incognito 2021 sale
It has been revealed that a total of 20 artists from Westmeath are among the Who’s Who of Irish and international artists taking part in this year’s Incognito 2021 online art sale in aid of the Jack & Jill Children’s Foundation.
The Incognito art collection is now live at www.incognito.ie with the online art sale taking place on Thursday April 22 at 10am sharp.
What’s so incredibly fun and exciting about Incognito compared with any other art sale is that the identity of the artists behind the paintings – for sale at €60 each – is kept top secret until the sale has closed. The Incognito collection is made up of 3,000-plus original postcard-sized artworks in a range of mediums, from oils and pastels, to glass and metalwork, in a sale that is usually a sprint to the checkout. Everything sold out last year in just 15 minutes!
Among the Westmeath artists taking part are Emlyn Boyle from Mullingar, Sylvie Cadiou from Ballynacargy, Rosemarie Langtry from Ballinahown, Athlone, and Caithriona Devine from Crookedwood. Some of the famous national and international faces taking part this year are U2’s The Edge, rock star Bob Geldof, fashion designer Paul Costelloe, comedians Jason Byrne and Tommy Tiernan, artist Don Conroy and Nobel prize winner Dr William Campbell.
So, whether you’re an art collector or a bargain hunter, there’s something for everyone at Incognito 2021.
In the five years since its inception, Incognito has raised almost €450,000 for Jack & Jill’s home nursing care for children with highly complex medical conditions, including end-of-life care. This equates to more than 28,000 hours of specialist home nursing care provided by Jack & Jill nurses and carers the length and breadth of the country.
How Incognito Works:
1. Register online in advance of the online sale on Thursday April 22 at www.incognito.ie – with the sale likely to sell out in minutes, it will save precious time in your sprint to the checkout on the day.
2. Browse the collection of 3,000-plus postcard artworks, each numbered without artists’ names identified.
3. Note down details of the artworks you wish to purchase for your wish list.
4. Be ready to go online on Thursday April 22 at 10am sharp when the sale goes live and choose your selected artworks.
5. Once your purchase is successful, let the suspense begin for your chosen piece of art to arrive in the post!
Full details on the purchase process can be found at www.incognito.ie