Covid vaccine rollout in local pharmacies gets underway
Covid-19 vaccines are starting to be administered in local pharmacies this week, with the rollout in stores initially limited to the one-shot Johnson and Johnson (Janssen) vaccine for the over-50s.
Yesterday (Monday) the HSE published a list of five pharmacies Athlone, along with others in Glasson and Ferbane, which were to begin providing the vaccine.
A number of the local pharmacies we contacted on Monday said the vaccines had not yet arrived but were expected during the week.
The list of local pharmacies providing Covid vaccines for the over-50s is as follows:
* Concannons Pharmacy, Unit 2 Avondale Shop Centre, Ballymahon Road, Athlone (09064 77776)
* Concannons Pharmacy, 11 Mardyke Street, Athlone (090 6478667)
* Cunningham's Pharmacy, 5 Auburn Retail Centre, Dublin Road, Athlone (090 6477739);
* Glasson Pharmacy, Glasson village, (090 6485959)
* McGorisk's Pharmacy, The Crescent, Ballymahon Road, Athlone, (090 6474559)
* Cunninghams Pharmacy, Block C, River Village, Monksland, Athlone, (090 6490242)
* Aidan Walsh Allcare Pharmacy, The Medical Hall, Ferbane, (090 6454321)
For more on this story, see tomorrow's Westmeath Independent