Athlone's Jack Carty has made the 23-man squad for Ireland's game against Italy on Sunday.
Carty is named among eight replacements for the game in Rome's Stadio Olimpico on Sunday afternoon.
It's his first involvement in a match day squad for Ireland and the Connacht outhalf will be hoping to see action on the pitch.
Meanwhile, Robbie Henshaw has been omitted from the match day squad which sees a raft of changes from previous games.
Peter O’Mahony captains the side and is joined in the backrow by Sean O’Brien and Jordi Murphy. Quinn Roux is partnered by Ultan Dillane in the engine room with Dave Kilcoyne, Sean Cronin and Tadhg Furlong making up the front-row.
Conor Murray and Johnny Sexton line out at half-back with Bundee Aki and Chris Farrell filling the centre berths. Rob Kearney is joined in the backfield by Jacob Stockdale and Keith Earls.
The full squad is, as follows:
15. Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster) 88 caps
14. Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster) 74 caps
13. Chris Farrell (Young Munster/Munster) 4 caps
12. Bundee Aki (Galwegians/Connacht) 14 caps
11. Jacob Stockdale (Lurgan/Ulster) 16 caps
10. Jonathan Sexton (St Marys College/Leinster) 80 caps (vc)
9. Conor Murray (Garryowen/Munster) 69 caps
1. Dave Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster) 26 caps
2. Sean Cronin (St Mary’s College/Leinster) 67 caps
3. Tadhg Furlong (Clontarf/Leinster) 30 caps
4. Ultan Dillane (Corinthians/Connacht) 12 caps
5. Quinn Roux (Galwegians/Connacht) 10 caps
6. Peter O’Mahony (Cork Constitution/Munster) 54 caps (c)
7. Sean O’Brien (UCD/Leinster) 54 caps
8. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Ulster) 26 caps
16. Niall Scannell (Dolphin/Munster) 11 caps
17. Jack McGrath (St Marys College/Leinster) 53 caps
18. John Ryan (Cork Constitution/Munster) 16 caps
19. Iain Henderson (Queens University/Ulster) 42 caps
20. Josh van der Flier (UCD/Leinster) 15 caps
21. John Cooney (Terenure College/Ulster) 6 caps
22. Jack Carty (Buccaneers/Connacht)*
23. Andrew Conway (Garryowen/Munster) 10 caps
*denotes uncapped player