This week's Westmeath Independent is now on the shelves and features 40 pages of the best local news, sport and photos. Our stories include:
* Taoiseach Enda Kenny has backed Athlone's China trade hub plan by recording a video message aimed at attracting investment in the project.
* A Longford/Westmeath TD wants a ban on the recording of private conversations on smartphones.
* There were celebrations in Ballinasloe as its GAA club won the All Ireland Junior Championship final in Croke Park last weekend.
* A Lough Ree sailing boat for people with disabilities is being built by clients of the Stepping Out programme in Athlone. Reporter Adrian Cusack profiles this unique project.
* We spotlight some of the funny and uplifting notices which local businesses have erected in an attempt catch the public's eye.
* Roscommon's County Councillors are launching a bid to reclaim the west side of Athlone, claiming it has been ignored and neglected for years.
* Our 11 pages of top sports coverage includes an interview with Athlone's Robbie Henshaw on his rapid rugby rise; a report on Joe Ward's third victory over Kenneth Egan in boxing; coverage of AIT's defeat at the hands of UCC in the Sigerson Cup; and a preview of the Westmeath footballers' league outing against Galway on Sunday.
All this and much more in this week's paper, which is available in local outlets and can also be accessed in the ePaper format (for more on this option, see: http://www.westmeathindependent.ie/epaper#undefined)